Cases handled per year
Joined International Assistance Group in
- Hospital / clinic
Sharp HealthCare is a not-for-profit, integrated, regional health care delivery system based in San Diego, Calif. The Sharp system includes four acute-care hospitals, three specialty hospitals, two affiliated medical groups and a health plan. Sharp is recognized for clinical excellence in cardiac, cancer, trauma, orthopedics, rehabilitation, behavioral health, women's health, multi-organ transplantation and hospice services.
As San Diego's health care leader and one of the 50 largest health systems in the United States, Sharp has an unwavering commitment to excellence and passion for caring. At the forefront of Sharp's commitment to excellence is The Sharp Experience, a sweeping performance improvement initiative launched in 2001. This initiative has resulted in numerous advances in clinical outcomes, patient safety enhancements and organizational and service improvements.
Sharp's passion for caring is shared by our 2,600 affiliated physicians and more than 16,000 skilled nurses and other health care professionals. Together this team is working to make Sharp San Diego's best place to work, the best place to practice medicine and the best place to receive care.
Hospitals Serving Global Patients
Sharp Memorial Hospital is a 666-bed hospital that offers clinical excellence with the latest technology and patient-centered care. The hospital is known for its outstanding programs in heart care, cancer treatment, orthopedics, physical rehabilitation, bariatric surgery, robotic surgery and organ transplantation. A Designated Planetree Patient-Centered Hospital and Magnet hospital for nursing excellence, Sharp Memorial houses a Level II Trauma Center, the largest Emergency and Trauma Center in San Diego County.
Also of note on the Sharp Memorial campus is the Sharp Rehabilitation Center's brain injury program, which is accredited by CARF (Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities). An organization receiving accreditation by CARF for a brain injury program has been through a rigorous peer review process, and has demonstrated to a team of surveyors during an on-site visit that its brain injury programs and services are of the highest quality, and are measurable and accountable.
More than 8,400 babies are born at Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women & Newborns each year, more than any other hospital in California. Sharp Mary Birch, which has 206 beds, is nationally recognized for its care of expectant mothers and high-risk pregnancies and for delivering babies, as well as for its level III neonatal intensive care unit (NICU). Sharp Mary Birch provides a full range of women's services, including robotic gynecologic surgery.
Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center is a 343-bed hospital with the largest array of health care services closest to California's border with Mexico. Home to a comprehensive heart program, it also offers exceptional services for orthopedic care and women and infants. The Douglas & Nancy Barnhart Cancer Center offers patients the most advanced treatment technology, a unique healing environment and an extraordinary level of care.
With 149 beds, Sharp Mesa Vista Hospital is the largest privately operated psychiatric hospital and provider of mental health, chemical dependency and substance abuse treatment in San Diego County. It provides behavioral health services for children, teens, young adults, adults and seniors experiencing anxiety, bipolar disorder, depression, eating disorders and more.
Some Facts about Sharp HealthCare
Combined, Sharp facilities see more than 800,000 patients each year, logging more than 3 million patient interactions.
* Sharp HealthCare is a not-for-profit health care system.
* Revenues go directly into technology, services, and facilities that serve our patients.
* Nothing is paid to stockholders or out-of-state interests.
* Sharp is an integrated health care system that provides an efficient and seamless continuum of care' inpatient hospital care, outpatient services, home health, hospice care and insurance.
* Sharp HealthCare is the region's largest provider of combined outpatient and inpatient mental health services, and 12th largest in the nation, and offers the only hospital-based drug and alcohol rehabilitation program in San Diego County.
* Sharp HealthCare provides care for more than 3,000 newly diagnosed cancer patients each year.
* Sharp HealthCare was the first to bring the robotic-assisted da VinciÂ® Surgical System to San Diego in 2005.
* Sharp HealthCare performs more total joint replacements than any other health care provider in San Diego County.
* Sharp HealthCare has more emergency room visits than any other San Diego County provider.
Photos & video
8695 Spectrum Center Boulevard
92123 San Diego, California