What you should know!
Global Voyager Assistance (GVA), our Assistance Partner in Russia informs:
- Most hotels in the hosting cities are either sold out during the whole Cup period or very expensive (800€ per night at Novotel Moscow is the norm)
- This will impact the IAG companies wanting to send doctors to evacuate patients (it will be nearly impossible to find accommodation for these doctors or they will be remote and very expensive)
- Please rely on GVA doctors who can pick up the patients wherever they are in Russia, take them out of the country if this is requested by the IAG company on commercial flights.
- As a reminder, the GVA medical escort team is composed of 12 carefully selected ICU Physicians and 3 Critical care Nurses
- Attending a world cup is a luxury. A South American supporter that comes for a week and will be present at 2 games in different cities must be ready to spend 10 000 USD between airfare, accommodation, pocket money and stadium tickets.
356,700 tickets have been allocated (subject to payment) to fans around the world via FIFA.com/tickets in the first 24 hours of the first come, first served sales window, which started on March 13 at 12:00 Moscow time.
Most of the tickets have been allocated to Russian fans (197,036), followed by fans from the USA (14,845), Argentina (14,564), Colombia (13,994), Mexico (13,505), Brazil (9,691), Peru (9,493), Australia (5,500), Germany (5,476), China (5,459) and India (4,166) – the top ten countries from abroad.
For any additional information, please contact:
Tel: +7 495 775 0 993 ext. 523