BROWARD HEALTH Preferred Provider
- Founded in
- Joined the International Assistance Group in
- Number of Staff
- Number of calls handled (per year)
- Number of cases handled (per year)
Broward Health is a comprehensive network of healthcare programs and services.
More than 30 facilities, including four acute care medical centers, a children’s hospital, three urgent care centers and a host of neighborhood and school-based centers, form a network throughout Broward County. A complete continuum of care includes everything from disease prevention and health education to primary and acute care, rehabilitation, home health and hospice. More than 1,700 of South Florida’s leading physicians collaborate with our team of 8,000 skilled nurses and other healthcare professionals.
Physicians and their patients who use Broward Health services have easy access to a full array of services, backed by the scope and resources of one of the nation’s largest healthcare systems.
Broward Health is governed by the seven-member North Broward Hospital District Board of Commissioners, appointed to four-year terms by the Governor of Florida.
Our Medical Centers
Broward Health Medical Center, which opened in 1938, is Broward County’s largest and most established hospital. As the flagship for the Broward Health system, Broward Health Medical Center is home to virtually every medical specialty.
Broward Health North is a community hospital featuring advanced technology that provides high quality, comprehensive medical services in a friendly, family-oriented atmosphere.
Broward Health Imperial Point is consistently recognized for its outstanding patient satisfaction ratings.
Broward Health Coral Springs is a community hospital offering top notch care. Featuring more than 50 medical specialties, it is a leader in addressing the community’s health needs - all while delivering patient and family-centered care.
Chris Evert Children’s Hospital is one of only 195 facilities nationwide to be recognized by the National Association of Children’s Hospitals.
Some Programs and Services
• Comprehensive Cancer Centers (American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer Accredited) are located at Broward Health Medical Center and Broward Health North.
• The Heart Center of Excellence, specializing in heart surgery, is led by internationally recognized physicians and surgeons.
• Two Trauma Centers of the three in Broward County are facilities of Broward Health: Level I (adults and pediatrics) at Broward Health Medical Center and Level II (adults) at Broward Health North.
• Rehabilitation Services, outpatient is offered at all of our medical centers. Broward Health North offers inpatient services.
• The Liver and Kidney Transplant Program at Broward Health Medical Center has the capability to care for all phases of transplant patients.
• The Neurological Institute at Broward Health North provides evaluation and treatment for a full range of neurological conditions, including Deep Brain Stimulation for Parkinson's disease patients.
• Orthopedic and Sports Medicine Services feature physicians, surgeons, athletic trainers and physical therapists who collaborate to diagnose and treat patients.
Broward Health Fiscal Year 2012 Statistics (July 1, 2011 – June 30, 2012)
Total of Credentialed Physicians 1,737
Number of Licensed Beds 1,529
Inpatient Admissions 64,845
Outpatient Medical Center Visits 298,694
Emergency Visits 278,735
Other Facility Visits 1,211,810
(Includes physician office visits, home health visits, primary care visits)